Configure user permissions

Weekly Update

Until now, users within have been restricted according to a fixed set of permissions. Viewers and responders can only see and respond to incidents, whilst admins can modify particular organization settings and owners can do everything.

We're delighted to announce that these permissions are now customisable! This is handy if there are particular settings you want anyone in your organization to be able to modify, or if you want to restrict certain settings to owners only.

Additionally, you can create custom roles with specific permissions and assign those to users. The permissions granted by a custom role will be in addition to the permissions granted by the user's base role (i.e. viewer / responder / admin / owner).

For example:

  • An Engineer custom role could grant permission to manage API keys and webhooks
  • A Finance custom role could grant permission to manage billing settings and on-call pay reports
  • A Security custom role could grant permission to see all private incidents

🚀 What else we shipped

  • 💅 You can now make the incident name field required, if you don't want to have default names generated for
  • 💅 We started truncating our Asana task ID's when they're too long
  • 💅 We removed duplicated text from our email subscription emails
  • 💅 We started showing the pulse graph for more incidents
  • 💅 We now send a message asking if you want to acknowledge a PagerDuty page if it hasn't been ack'd
  • 💅 We removed some Slack noise about resolving PagerDuty incidents
  • 🐛 We fixed a bug that was causing us to notify the channel twice when a follow-up was created
  • 🐛 We fixed a bug that was causing us to be slow when querying for incidents by reference
  • 🐛 We fixed the font on the slack message preview for configuring an incident trigger
  • 🐛 We fixed the postmortem link that we post in the channel after it's been attached
  • 🐛 We fixed the way we render some timeline items when exporting a postmortem to google docs
  • 🐛 We fixed a bug with SAML login where we weren't matching emails case insensitively
  • 🐛 We started showing all custom field options properly, rather than the dropdown going off the page
  • 🐛 We fixed a bug where timezones weren't being displayed correctly after setting up a policy report
  • 🐛 We fixed a bug where the "Update Statuspage" modal was showing out of date information
  • 🐛 We fixed a bug that was causing us to be inconsistent when returning actions from the API
  • 🐛 We fixed an issue with setting custom fields from an external source when triggering an incident

Operational excellence starts here