We think incident response should be open for everyone, but there are some
things that are best kept within a smaller group.
We've introduced roles within incident.io, so some organisation-level settings can only be changed
by selected Administrators.
Users can have one of four roles: Viewers, Responders, Admins and Owners.
- View incidents in Slack and the Web Dashboard
- Declare incidents
Viewers will automatically become responders when they get involved in an incident.
- Use incident.io via Slack and the Web Dashboard
- Create and edit Workflows and Announcement Rules
- View organisation-level settings
- Do everything a responder can, plus:
- Edit organisation-level incident.io settings
- View and edit billing settings
- Do everything an admin can, plus:
- View all private incidents
If you'd like to take a look at your Users, check out our shiny new Settings page.
n.b. Until March 1st, this feature is opt-in for existing customers.
What we shipped
Here's what else we've been up to this week:
- 🆕 We've built a new pricing model, moving to value-based pricing
- 🆕 You can now invite users to incident.io via the dashboard, from the Users Settings page
- 💅 You can now tell Statuspage to post your updates to Twitter via incident.io
- 💅 We now pre-fill the Statuspage update title, so you don't have to write it again
- 🐛 If you try to install us into a personal Github account (which we don't support), we'll let you know that something's gone wrong
- 🔜 A whole lot of work on custom fields - watch this space...