All the small things
Instead of doing just one thing last week, we made lots of smaller improvements to the product. We also got a lot of internal admin off our plate to keep the paperwork gods happy and keep the wheels turning.
We won't bore you with the paperwork, but we hope you enjoy the new features and improvements!
What we shipped
- 🆕✨ Better incident declarations. We now show you a 'jump off' modal after you declare an incident (pictured). Might just be us, but we were finding it hard to quickly find incident channels after declaring an incident. This makes it a lot easier.
- 🆕✨ Automated incident closure. To keep your data nice and tidy, we'll automatically close incidents for you that haven't seen any activity for a time period you specify. Enable it in your settings to try it out!
- 🆕✨ Nudges to update your Statuspage. If you've created a Statuspage incident for your incident, but haven't updated it for 30 minutes or more, we'll send you a nudge to remember to do that. Now it's easier to keep your customers in the loop.
- 💅 We've unified the severity, status and update commands behind the update command. Fewer commands to remember makes the product simpler. However, using
/incident status will still work just fine.
- 💅 We added support for Microsoft Teams as a video conferencing provider. If you paste a Teams link into an incident channel, we'll now prompt you to to add it as the call link.
- 👷🏽♀️ We added a vulnerability disclosure policy to our website. If you spot any security issues, please follow the instructions provided there.
- 👷🏽♀️ We made a number of resiliency improvements, mostly focussed on our job processing infrastructure and our statuspage integration. Hopefully nothing too noticable, but it helps our team sleep better at night knowing it's all shipshape.
- 🐛 Organisations with 5 or more severities would have all of their severities appear in a delightful mauve on the Insights graph. Whilst that was quite nice, it wasn't intended, so we fixed it 💜 (thanks to Duffel for reporting!)
- 🐛 The dates in our insight graphs were sometimes appearing offset by a month. All fixed, no more time travelling (thanks to Duffel!)