We were a bit quieter last week because we've been heads down building and responding to feedback, so we're giving you a bumper update this week instead!
Hot on the heels of our PagerDuty integration, we got a lot of feedback from teams using Opsgenie, who felt a little left out.
We're delighted to say those days are over, and you can now escalate to your team via Opsgenie from right within your incident channels. Just like with PagerDuty, let us know who you need, and we'll handle the rest.
We've also got a few other nice integrations and improvements we'll be talking about more later this week.
What we shipped
- 🆕 Although it's only been out for a month, we beautified our escalation flow. It's easier to understand, and you can now page multiple people at the same time. Go forth and disrupt their sleep.
- 🆕 We added some of our early customers to our homepage. We feel very lucky to have you all 😻
- 💅 If you export an action to Jira, we'll attempt to match the Jira assignee to an incident.io user, so it's clear who's doing what. We'll also sync the time that the action was completed back to incident.io.
- 💅 If you're lucky enough to have your message pinned as part of an incident timeline, your lovely face will appear next to it.
- 💅 If you export your actions to Linear, GitHub Issues or Jira, assignees are now optional.
- 💅 Previously, the push notifications that you received from us would say "This content can't be displayed". That wasn't very good. We now try and put something helpful in every Slack notification that is sent on our behalf.
- 💅 We now announce when actions have been unassigned (thanks Farewill!)
- 💅 If you got a command wrong whilst talking to the bot in a thread, we'd embarrass you by responding in the main channel. We've recognised the error of our ways, and now respond to in a thread instead (thanks Ravelin!)
- 👷🏽♀️ We re-wrote a lot of how actions work under the hood to make them more resilient, and well-tested.
- 👷🏽♀️ We've started sketching how we'll build Custom Attributes. We're excited for this one.
- 🐛 If you didn't have an incident in the past week, we'd assume that you'd never had an incident, and wouldn't show you any insights as a result. That was embarassing. That's now fixed.
- 🐛 We squashed a few small but pesky issues with our Jira integration, such as sporadic timeouts.
- 🐛 If you created an action that mentioned a Slack channel or user, it would look quite ugly in the dashboard. We've now cleaned that up, so it works how you'd expect.